Mindful Circus Afterschool Program
Tuesdays 2:30-4pm (Ages 10-14)
Cirque de Vol’s Mindful Circus Program interweaves mindfulness concepts and techniques with confidence building aerial arts and focus sustaining flow arts. Participants will hone skills such as balance, focus and coordination while simultaneously developing a fun, creative and sustaining relationship to movement, exercise, and self-care.
No previous experience required.
- Increases capacity and ability for self-awareness and self-reflection
- Raises consciousness and cultivates self-respect
- Increased capacity for gratitude, empathy, and compassion
- Develops leadership ability through fuller embodiment of being
- Provides tools for Emotional Regulation and Navigating Difficult Emotions, including stress and anxiety
- Cultivates active listening and positive relating skills
Aerial Art Benefits:
- increases feelings of self achievement and self worth increase
- a fun, creative and unique way to exercise
- increased balance and coordination
- develops problem solving skills
- boosts self esteem
- improves attention span and focus
- teaches planning and strategy
Flow Art Benefits:
- Improves attention span and focus
- Cultivates Presence and Fuller Embodiment
- Quiets and Relaxes the Mind
- Inspires Playfulness
- Access to Deeper States of Flow i.e. “being in the zone”
Flow Arts include: Hoop, Juggling, Spinning Plates, Flower Sticks, and Creative Movement Exercises.
Aerial Arts include: Aerial Fabric, Lyra, Static Trapeze, Partner Balancing, and Aerial Yoga.